This is a forum for those who want to post a comment regarding the topic of children with disabilities in our public schools. We welcome anyone to post and we hope that you will feel comfortable. We hope that through this blog people will become more educated about the issue that these children face and the solutions that are being theorized. We also hope to learn of personal experiences and insight from many different angles.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Application of Blog to My Practice
This blog relates to my practice in that, as a speech-language pathologist, I encounter children with disabilities on a constant basis in the school system. Understanding the obstacles and daily events of these students/clients enables me to empathize and relate to them more. Sometimes, as a teacher outside of the general classroom, I may be a break during a challenging day, or a listening ear to something that happened at home. I believe that the advocacy and knowledge of children with disabilities applies to anyone in education or with a child in school, disabled or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment